Mountain time is spent in the Groot Winterhoek, a 2.5 hour drive from Cape Town. The area is tucked high up in the Olifantsriver valley, close to Porterville in the Western Cape We are hosted on a secluded, privately owned, 5000 hectare farm and surrounded by mountains and wild nature. The areas is a National Heritage site with a rich history. The memory of the indigenous Khoisan people is still strong in the land.
The preparation time before going to the mountain takes place in Cape Town, South Africa. Integration after the fast also takes place in Cape Town. We travel to and from the mountain as a group with shared transport.
- The history and ethos of vision quest and its practice through the decades.
- The Medicine Walk – a day spent walking in a wild place, one month prior to the start of the programme.
- Clarifying intention. What is it that I hope to take away from this experience. Writing it down.
- What to expect in the mountains, in the way of weather, terrain, animals, the physical challenge.
- Dietary preparations. What to eliminate and how to prepare our bodies for a fast.
- The gathering of equipment.
Cost: R11 500 (excludes your travel costs to and from Beaverlac and a shared meal in a restaurant upon return)
When: 17-27 November 2022
(Dependent On Covid-19 Reality – sign-up provisionally and we will make a call on continuing in early February)
N.B. Scholarships available on request. Please contact us if you would like to sponsor a participant or loved one.